Bomber Belle

While at Jerseyfest last year I saw this beauty and a Rosie the Riveter that I just had to have.  I have to admit that my vision for her wasn't fully formed until late in the process when I decided to make her a tribute piece to my Grandfather who was a top gunner on a B-24 during WWII (The Crash Kids).  She was painted (after I stripped her due to being unhappy with the hosiery) with GKUS colors paints.  The wording on the bomb was done using dry transfer stencils.  The logo on her back is from the Flak Pak, the B-24 squadron that The Crash Kids were part of.



The most difficult part of the painting were her pantyhose.  I found that transparent GKUS Colors paints worked well (in this case their transparent African American Flesh) to control the tint and apply layers of color in specific areas to get the effect I was looking for.


This piece is headed to Wonderfest with me to be shown in June.  Wish me luck with her!

Comments

Popular Posts