Black Widow - Mobius Models [Part 2]

I got motivated through the past week to get Black Widow completed for Wonderfest.  Unfortunately due to a lack of space I don't take as many in progress pictures as I should.

I began with painting her clothing with Vallejo Black and Vallejo German Grey in different sections to give some contrast to her outfit.  I painted some of the belt area with the grey and other areas with black, adding in some variation as I went in what was what color.

After the basics were done, I used Silly Putty to mask her face and body so I could paint her hair more.  To do this, I ended up placing an order with GKUS early in the week and was happy to get what I needed on Thursday.  I hit her hair at a high angle with GKUS semi transparent white, giving the high lite areas a white color that faded into the rich brown base.  This looked odd at this stage because I had the rich brown and white and that was it.  I then pulled out the transparent orange from GKUS and went from a high angle to a medium angle, adding an orange tint to all of the white and some of the brown (except the deepest shadow areas).  


I then let that dry and I went ahead and worked on her eyes and eyebrows.  After some brush work, I masked her hair and flesh areas and hit her clothing with the semi transparent from a high angle.  I followed it up with a lighter purple transparent layer to give some purplish high lite to her.

I had to brush her gloves and belt pouches with a slightly different black (Vallejo Game Color was used instead of the Model Color black) and I used some Vallejo gunmetal on the buckles and cuffs.  Her pistol was done with the GC black on the holster, gunmetal on the gun and then some thinned black over the grip.


I had to ponder the base a little because she comes with a plastic base that has tiles on it.  I didn't want a stark white tile so I decided to weather the tiles quite a bit with coats of GKUS transparent smoke, transparent rich brown, and then some transparent lavender to tie in a little with the figure.

The base was looking good but needed a little 'extra' so I decided that she should be standing in a ruined Hydra base so maybe there should be a Hydra symbol on the floor.  I broke out the transfer paper, a printout of the hydra symbol, and paint.  After the symbol was done I went back through with the transparent paints and weathered it as well.

She is now ready for the trip to Louisville in a few weeks for Wonderfest, wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts