IPMS 2018 and Wonderfest 2018

I've been bad about posting updates and I promise I will get better.  Unfortunately blogging time takes away time from painting but I will get better about regular updates.

Here we are in July of 2018.  2 shows down and a few awards received for my work.  This year a few cool things have been happening and before I tell you the results from the shows, I'd like to give an update because really these cool things are why I am in the hobby in the long run.

1)  Adam, Zach (my son), and I have been holding painting Fridays fairly regularly.  This provides some good time to talk, work on projects, and discuss techniques and et opinions.

2)  Jim and Jack managed to make it out in April for a weekend of painting on the Lord of Chaos figure we each have.  I had gotten the last sets of Scale 75 paints the week before and they proved helpful on this piece.  It was awesome having friends over to paint like this and hopefully we'll continue to find time to get together.

The results:

IPMS Columbus
This year I entered at the master class level (since I got Best Adult Model last year it seemed only fair to step up a level).

Rosie the Riveter - Shown but didn't receive any awards
Ma.k. with Brick wall - 2nd Place
Montant John and Where's My Mummy - 3rd Place

Wonderfest
Ma.k. on the muddy base - Bronze
Rosie the Riveter - Bronze
"Cold Day in Hell" - Silver
Astro-Stein - Bronze

Now then, I know everyone says the same thing, they aren't in the hobby for the 'hardware' and I feel the same.  It is an opportunity to keep up with friends.  That said, coming back from Wonderfest with some hardware this year felt great.

Previously at Wonderfest I hadn't placed at all so it was awesome to tell that I have been improving.


Comments

Popular Posts