Airbrush Alien 3 - Just starting [Post 1]

Ok, anyone who is keeping track will wonder where Airbrush Alien 2 is.  Well, to answer this question, I have to admit that I wasn't as good at posting for a bit while I was painting.  Airbrush Alien 2 is actually done but hasn't had any photographs taken of it.  I'll be taking them along with final photos of Slave 1 and Gigantosaur at some point here (when I pull out the light box) and I'll post them then.

But, that is the past and I'm trying to get better at posting in progress now.  Last night after I finished Slave 1 I decided to start a third alien with the airbrush.  This alien has big eyes so lives in a dark environment like a cave or under the water but has lots of wrinkles in the skin so I went with under water (blues).

This is the base coating of GKUS transparent colors over a flesh color resin.  I based in Transparent Ocean Blue and then came in with Transparent Giger Blue for the shadows and a little vein work.  What is funny is that I have a concept for the devil bust that I got in a class (and have painted twice and is now stripped down again) where these colors are what I really want to get when I paint it.


I'll keep painting and posting in progress pics!

Comments

Popular Posts