Snow White

Last year at Jerseyfest, my wife (Andrea) went with me and saw a piece by PKking that she liked.  It is a snow white sculpt.  I decided to paint it up and enter it this year at Jerseyfest.  I'm a bit late posting all of this considering the piece is all painted and Jerseyfest is past but I'll at least post some finished pics and share some information.

The piece was clean as clean can be with just a small mold line to sand down.  The eyes were already painted and I started with the intention of keeping them, but that changed as I painted and I ended up doing the eyes.  The apple wasn't quite how I wanted it, having just teeth marks and no bite out of it so I modified the apple and repainted it.  


The base is a piece of ebony that I turned.  It decided to crack after the show for some reason so I have to fix that on this piece. 

I began by using watercolors to get a basic set of colors.  I then followed up with acrylic paints by brush.  She was all brush painted.



I added some dark brown in her hair to have some contrast.  The pearls were a bone white paint glossed after painting and shading.



She took a bronze at Jerseyfest.  Overall not to bad for an early brush only piece.

Comments

Popular Posts